The Witcher 3 will be getting its largest patch yet and appears to change the game quite a bit.
While The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has received numerous patches on both PC and console, the next one seems to be its biggest and will bring about quite a few changes.
Developer CD Projekt RED has been working rather hard on Patch 1.07 (for PC) and 1.06 (for console) and they’re close to finishing but a release date is yet to be revealed. A preliminary list of upcoming changes was posted earlier and include the addition of a player stash, inventory sorting options, movement changes for Geralt and more:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly greyed out
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior
Unfortunately there will be no free DLC this week as the team is still occupied with the patch. However, the free DLC will continue next week.
The best part about this list is that it is only a small taste of what’s to come. The full list will be published later this week.
Known as Brady Ruiters by day and GuitarDemon by night (Well, on the PSN mostly…) Professional, creative and frank, a self-proclaimed gaming journalist moulded by a passion and fascination for gaming and music, and in turn, taking a crack at shaping the rest of the world with the very same obsession. That, however, remains a trying task.